ABP Ireland has won seven awards including two gold and four silver awards, at the 10th annual Blas na hEireann, the Irish Food Awards for quality Irish produce on the island of Ireland. The awards were held in Dingle on 30th September. Blas na hEireann is the biggest blind tasting of Irish produce.
ABP Food Group submitted entries to all categories in the beef section: striploin steak; rib eye steak; fillet steak and beef other- meatballs /burgers. In total, seven of ABP’s products qualified for the finals and all seven picked up awards.
Research has proven that the Blas accreditation has the highest recognition amongst Irish consumers. For this year’s competition, there were 2,500 entries overall in all products across all categories.
Results of the ABP Products across the four beef categories:
· Bronze – Specially Selected Tipperary Dry Aged Black Angus 30 day matured Striploin
· Silver – Specially Selected Black Angus 28 day matured Striploin
· Silver – Specially Selected Black Angus 28 day matured Fillet
· Gold – Specially Selected Tipperary Dry Aged Black Angus 30 day matured Rib Eye
· Silver – Specially Selected Black Angus 28 day matured Rib Eye
Beef Other – Meatballs/Burgers:
· Gold- Butchers Choice 3% low fat Lean burger gluten free
· Silver – Platinum Prime Sirloin Steak Burger Gluten Free
Commenting on the Group’s success at Blas na hEireann, Eoin Ryan, Sales Manager, ABP said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won these indigenous awards. The judging process for these awards is driven and guided by taste. This highlights the quality of our Ultra Tender process which currently sees ABP beef served in over 200 Michelin starred restaurants across the world. The company has already been acknowledged at previous awards for our quality food produce and this is a further endorsement to the hard work and quality produced by the ABP team in Cahir.”